The University Grants Commission (UGC) recently approved a proposal which is of great advantage to the PhD scholars.
Now PhD research period is also teaching experience: UGC
A period spent on acquiring a PhD degree without any leave will now be counted as teaching experience of candidates applying for direct recruitment to vacant positions of faculties or promotion in the higher educational institutions.
“The period of active service spent on pursuing a research degree, i.e, for acquiring PhD degree simultaneously without taking any kind of leave may be counted as a teaching experience for the purpose of direct recruitment/promotion to the post of associate professor and above.” the commission decided.
The commission’s decision was seen in the academic circles as an effort to primarily facilitate filling up of posts lying vacant in large numbers across the country’s universities and other higher educational institutions.
“We have a large number of unemployed meritorious PhD holders. The decision to treat the period spent by them in acquiring a PhD degree as teaching experience will not only open doors of employment to many of such degree holders, but also facilitate institutions fill up their teaching positions lying vacant for years,” official sources said.
Source: Official Notification
Other News you might be interested:
- CSIR increased Stipend effective from 1st July 2017
- DST – Women Scientist Fellowship (Rs.20,000 to Rs.55,000/- per month) 2017, Application, Eligibility, Qualification and Other Details
- CBSE UGC NET November 2017 Preponed
- UGC Bans Distance Education in Non-University Institutes
- Three questions UGC shall clear | Save NET Exam
- Universities Need Fresh Approvals from UGC for Programmes
- Good News for University Faculty & Staff
- CBSE UGC NET 2017 Registration Starts Soon, Read Eligibility Criteria for Online Application
- UGC NET New rules for NOVEMBER 2017
- UGC to grade all Universities into three categories
- HEERA to replace UGC & AICTE | A major disruption is on its way to reform India’s education
- No NET, No PhD Admission: UGC
- Good News for PhD Scholars of India by UGC
- UGC Notice to all aspiring M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree Students of India
- Important Notice for all Indian PhD Scholars by UGC
- Uniform Ordinance for PhD in all Universities – UGC
- ‘UGC-NET’ Examination Once a Year – HRD Ministry
- UGC Fellowship Schemes To Students
- Latest UGC regulations for the Award of M.PHIL./PH.D Degrees
- UGC Notice regarding Appointment of Academic staff
- CSIR scientists’ performance to be graded by a new Scheme:
- CSIR to cut more than 90% funding for Research labs due to financial crunch
- AIIMS and CSIR IGIB Ink Deal for Partnership in Clinical and Translational Genomics, Expanding Reach of the GUARDIAN Programme
Other News from DBT you might be interested:
- DBT-Biotech Industrial Training Programme 2017-2018
- Good News for all Indian BioTech Students, Scholars & Researchers by DBT
- Roadmap towards $100 bn Biotech Industry | DBT India
- DBT Allocates 10pc of Its Annual Budget for Biotech Activities in North-East
- “Brucella Free Villages” is what DBT Govt. of India to make every Indian village.
- Technology on rice fortification with Iron for anaemia by DBT & IIT Kharagpur.
- Good News for all Indian Researchers by DST